Monday, December 10, 2012

Professional Learning Plan



Preceding is a reflection of my Certificate in Educational Technology course work at Michigan State University as well as my goals for the future in technology. Following is an explanation of the above image as well as a description of my Professional Learning Plan for the future.

The above image is a visual description of what my professional life has been since September 2012 when I began CEP 810, through CEP 811, and up until now as I complete CEP 812. In September I created a list of goals and desires with technology (click here for a better view of that document) that included everything from increasing technology skills to making a difference in education any my community with technology. Following are some initial specific goals I had and upon completion of this course, I can do all of those.
I have created a webpage (actually a few) with videos that I too created, edited and uploaded and I blog very frequently. I've become computer literate and cleaned out viruses and increased performances on my computers at home. So, mission accomplished! I have even began doing things I had not anticipated nor desired but am grateful that I am, like social networking. I "tweet" or read "tweets" several times a day, and have benefited tremendously from the information that I have received and continue to  receive   I have collaborated with others: creating projects and documents and meeting with them on a regular basis while never leaving my home. I have learned about TPACK and integrating it into my pedagogy. However there are some bigger goals that remain a work in progress. Which leads to my Professional Learning Plan.

Even though I feel confident with my Professional goals listed above on the chalk board I still feel that many are "long shots." Although I have learned about TPACK, I have not had the opportunity to implement it. I need to be model  for TPACK so that I can get my staff on board. Therefore,  I need to connect more with this theory. I will take what I have learned; small video production, blogs and podcasts, Google Doc and Google+, data visualizations, just to name a few, and incorporate it into my classroom this fall. I will spend the summer developing lessons, WebQuests, StAIRs, videos, etc... so that I may begin a model of TPACK. I hope to be admitted into the Masters program at MSU and continue my journey in educational technology.  Because I now have valuable access to trustworthy websites, and people I will continue to network socially and keep my WikiSpace updated with those resources. I will also fulfill some of my personal goals (see index card above) by continuing to keep technology on the forefront of my life (behind God and my family of course!) I will teach my freshman son, Cruz how to blog, produce videos, and turn his phone into a learning tool. He will also be my "guinea pig" on many activities. 

It is important to me that the students in my community "play on a leveled field" that equips them with 21st century skills so that they must be successful students and later, productive adults (see small video in bottom right corner above). That means teachers must provide technology-rich opportunities for them in the classroom. For that to result, I must be an ambassador of technology and aid them in doing so. Because my district is also the district that I am a product of, have family in, and live in, this is not just important to me professionally but its also personally important to me.




2 comments:

  1. While checking out another classmate's PLP, I discovered what a Prezi is. Now I'm looking at yours and I've discovered what Glogster is. I've heard of both these things but I'm only now getting a clear picture of what they actually are. It looks like I'm finding some new things to explore between now and the next class I take. Truthfully, I'm probably going to turn off my computer for a week or so and take a technology break... then I'll go back to exploring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting that you also decided to begin your career in the district of your origins. It is quite something to try to make a difference in the place where you started your own journey.

    ReplyDelete